Join Our Team
Joining Horizon Farm Credit means more than just a job – it's an opportunity to become part of a thriving community that values and invests in its team members. Our commitment to our employees' well-being goes beyond the workplace, with a comprehensive benefits package designed to support personal and professional development. Explore the many benefits of joining our team!
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Insurance*
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability*
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions
- Health & Fitness Reimbursement
- Time Off
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave*
- Volunteer Time (up to 16 hours per year)
- Career Growth & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Yearly Career Conversations
- Leadership & Career Development Opportunities
- Annual Bonuses
- 401 (k) with Significant Employer Matching
- Other Benefits
- Inclusive and Diverse Work Environment
- Modern Facilities
*Select benefits may be dependent on eligibility dates.
Our Mission and Values (ACRES)
Farm Credit supports rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services, today and tomorrow. Just like our members, our employees' roots are in ACRES:
Horizon Farm Credit provides a flexible working environment for employees to thrive. Depending on the role and business needs, an HFC employee can either work onsite or on a hybrid schedule*. New employees must be employed for a minimum of six months of continuous, regular employment, and be fully trained to be eligible for a hybrid schedule.
Full-time in the office. For select roles that can only be performed in the office, those who cannot perform their roles effectively remotely, or for anyone who wants to come in every day.
A combination of in-office and virtual days, working in the office at least two days per week. Hybrid employees may need to come into the office more often as needed due to team, department, or Association needs.
*Depending on the role and business needs, select positions may be eligible for a fully virtual setting.
"The thing I love most about Farm Credit is the people. Our team is made up of like-minded people that work together to serve our customers. Being a farmer myself, it is fulfilling being able to help the individuals that are the back bone of our country and helping them to succeed and prosper."
Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm trying to apply for a position with Farm Credit, but what do I do if I don't receive a verification code?
The "Confirm your identity" step is an important step in our application process. Our HRIS system is unable to send codes to certain email addresses like, comcast.net, due to their settings. We recommend you apply using either a gmail.com, yahoo.com, or outlook.com email address.
- When will I hear if I've been selected to interview?
If you are selected to move forward with an interview, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch with you within a few weeks, depending upon scheduling options.
- Is there a limit to the number of roles I can apply to?
While there's no official limit, we recommend that you limit applying to the top three roles that best match your experience and interests. This will give you the best chance to be considered for the openings that are relevant for you.
- How long does the overall interview process take?
Most candidates will have a decision within a few weeks from their first interview, however, the overall process duration depends on a number of factors. We recommend being open and honest with our recruiting team about any timing concerns or deadlines you may have so we can try to expedite, if needed.
- How is the interview process structured?
We typically begin the recruiting process with a phone or video interview with our recruiting team, followed by a virtual or in-person interview with the hiring manager. Some teams may have a slightly different process to better suit their requirements.
- When should you apply on the general open application?
Our recruiting team constantly reviews the applications in our general requisition. This requisition is for applicants to apply if you are interested in joining the HFC team but do not see a specific opening, locations, or department currently available.
To learn more about Horizon Farm Credit and prepare for your upcoming interview, check out our interview preparation document below. You'll learn more about who we are, where we operate, how we are structured, and the products and services we offer!
College Internship Program
An Experience to Remember
Jumpstart your career path with a Farm Credit Internship!
We strive to provide our interns with the experience of a lifetime, helping them develop into the future leaders of the agriculture industry. Our interns receive real world, hands-on opportunities to make an impact on our Association, while expanding their skills to help them prepare for their careers.
- What can you expect from a Horizon internship?
- A paid, 10-12 week interactive learning experience
- Project-based and department specific intern positions, giving you the opportunity to explore your unique interests
- Exposure to a variety of roles and responsibilities, providing a holistic view of how Farm Credit supports its customers and community members
- Networking opportunities with teammates, industry partners, and fellow interns
- A competitive edge when it comes to job searching (with potential for a future full-time position with Farm Credit!)
Applications are currently closed. Summer 2025 internship positions will be posted in September 2024.
Ready to take the next step? View and apply for open positions at Horizon.
Questions about careers or the application process? Click here to email our human resources department.
Horizon Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/H.
"My managers have been extremely supportive of my personal career goals and assisted in getting me the training necessary to move to the next level. Farm Credit has lots of opportunities to grow internally which has helped me achieve my professional goals while working for the same company!"